Lehigh University
Lehigh Universiy

You are here

Buildings

Bakery

26 feet long by 20 feet wide. Made of logs. One story structure.

Barn

91 feet long by 36 feet wide. Built using a style known as Bindwerk - essentially wood siding. Number of floors uncertain. Constructed prior to 1758.

Boys' House

35 feet long by 28 feet wide. 2 stories high. Wood frame with masonry. Had 4 rooms, 1 dining room, 1 kitchen, bakery and a washhouse.

Building "X"

Building "X" stood very close to the Monocacy Creek, just to the west of a bridge.

Coal Shed

24 feet long by 20 feet wide. Wood frame. Constructed prior to 1752.

Cow Barn 2

44 feet long by 24 feet wide. Constructed with wooden siding (bindwerk). Built prior to 1752.

Cow Stable

44 feet long and 36 feet wide. Number of stories unknown. Constructed with brick walls. Constructed prior to 1758.

Family House

46 feet long by 26 feet wide. Masonry. Four rooms and one cellar. Also a drying house of masonry.

Gunstocking Shop

25½ feet by 20 feet. Constructed of logs. One story. Built in 1763.

New Cow Barn

49 feet long by 36 feet wide. Constructed using wooden siding (bindwerk) and brick. Built prior to 1758.

Saw Mill

44 feet long by 24 feet wide. Wood frame. Built prior to 1752.

Slaughterhouse

20 feet long by 14 feet wide. Constructed with blocks/stones. Built prior to 1758.

Smithy

40 feet long by 21 feet wide. One story. Hewn logs. One room. Built prior to 1758.